The first Olympic Esports Series includes mobile games
On March 1, The Olympic Esports Series 2023 kicked off. Its participants have access to 9 disciplines, including both chess and cycling. A nice bonus for participants was the fact that the series added mobile games.
We are talking about two games - Tic Tac Bow and Tennis Clash, which are exclusively mobile. Here is a complete list of games and platforms on which competitions are held:
- Gran Turismo 7. A video game from Sony Interactive Entertainment in which players can show off their motorsport skills.
- WBSC eBASEBALL: Power Pros. Baseball sports stimulator.
- Zwift. Multiplayer online training program from cycling.
- Virtual Regatta. Online sailing race stimulator.
- Virtual Taekwondo. Sports stimulator for taekwondo games and competitions.
- Chess com. A full-fledged chess server that brings together players from around the world.
- Just Dance 2023. A dance rhythm game where movements are controlled by special sensors or an app.
Mobile games are also included in this list, but they will be discussed in detail. For example, Tic Tac Bow is a full-fledged mobile game, where players can try their hand at archery. Available as a single player and team mode of the game. The World Shooting Federation will evaluate the results, so the atmosphere of full-fledged Olympic Games is transferred on a hurrah.
There will also be competitions in tennis. For this purpose the mobile game Tennis Clash is used. It is well known to the tennis fans, because it offers a simple gameplay and realistic game. A separate plus is that the multiplayer mode is supported.
David Lappartien, head of the IOC's sports liaison group, said, "The Olympic Cybersports Series brings people together and creates a large number of playgrounds for novice players and elite fans alike."
The Olympic CyberSports Series kicked off March 1. Its finals are scheduled for June 22-25, and for the first time will be held in a live format. This means that it will be possible to watch the final games online.
The fact that mobile games appear in such major events as the Olympic Games Series is a definite plus. It remains to be seen which games will be added to the next series.